Monday, August 8, 2011

It's working

I was beginning to feel tired.  I was convinced the long day was weighing on me.  Maybe it was the heat or maybe it was just the fact that it was a Monday that was making me feel like it wasn't ever going to end.  I must have been watching the clock too closely that last half hour.  When quitting time actually arrived I jumped up from my desk and made a bee-line to my car.  Ordinary on a day like this I would have gotten in, started it up, and headed home.  I would have stretched out and munched my way through the afternoon.  Not this day.
Not for the past 12 days.  My car seems to have learned the way to the gym instead of home after work.  It takes me there now instead of home to munch and nosh and feel utterly miserable about myself for doing that.  The plan seems to be working.  I was still tired but I was there at the gym and I knew I only needed 30 minutes to fulfill my requirements.  You know - the 21 days of working out for a minimum of  30 minutes?  I've completed day 12 today and have 9 more consecutive days to go to have the total of 21 days.  It wasn't such a bad day either after all the thoughts of being tired.  I got a 4 mile run in and worked out for 40 minutes instead of 30.  I ended up with a total of 25 miles last week.  I haven't done that all year.  Would you like to know how many miles I totaled the weeks before I started this 21 day plan?  I can't.  I can't tell you how many because I would actually have to tell you how few.  It was 4.78 and the week before that was 6.65.  You see...few, very few.  Big difference compared to the 25 miles I got in last week.
And now?  Am I feeling tired?  No.  I've spent a little time writing and I'll go read for a while now.  Not such a bad end to a day where I started out feeling so tired.  Somethings working.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT