Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hedge removal

It seems we keep finding things to cut down around the house lately.  Our annual (or is it every six months) brush pick up is tomorrow.  They left a notice hanging on our door at least a week and a half ago to let us know to put any brush that needs to be disposed of on the curb Monday morning.  We knew and had talked about cutting down one line of a hedge in front of our house.  It blocked our front entrance and we haven't been able to figure out any other way to open up that area.  With the brush pick-up it made perfect sense to get this done.  Or it would have seemed to make perfect sense if the temperatures hadn't been somewhere around 107 degrees.  But we started out.
You can see the hedge was pretty scraggly.
So after some cutting and dragging branches away we made an effort to remove most of the hedge.  We definitely need to finish this job up a little better but the heat (and this was about noontime) was too much.  At least here you can see how it opened up the area.

I don't think anyone might have known there was a sidewalk area behind that hedge.  Well, we did, of course, but you certainly couldn't see it before.  With a little more fine tuning I think it will look so much better.  Oh, and if you were curious about my upstairs space.  Yep, it's right up above...those two windows on the second floor.  That is where I work and look out and where I am when I do this.  When I do this...not when I am cutting down hedges.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT