Wednesday, August 17, 2011

21 days!!!

On July 28th this year I decided to do something about my lazy idleness.  I knew I had to do something about my coming home directly after work and grazing through snack foods until it was time for dinner and me to eat again.  It had been weeks since I had done any physical activity and I knew I needed to start back at it again.  I decided I would try to change my bad habits by using the 21 days idea.  I simply decided I would work-out for a minimun of 30 minutes for the next 21 days.  I would fill the time I was using after work to go the gym instead of directly home.  I figured this would take me away from the problem time/environment and give me something more productive to do.  I hadn't thought how hard it would be to actually work-out for 21 consecutive days.
I have to say, it wasn't that easy.  I had to talk myself out of not going more than a few days.  It was only the second day and 10 minutes before leaving work I was thinking of why I didn't want to go to the gym.  After only two days!  I knew I couldn't give up that soon.  How ridiculous?!  A week later I was getting into the groove.  I would automatically head my car in the direction of the gym and run a few miles once there.  Things were going well.  Then came some days where my muscles started to get sore and I was getting tired.  I still went.  I walked two days instead of running.  I kept going and made it to the half way point and more.  This weekend I ran outdoors instead of heading to the gym which was great.  This past Monday I almost thought I was going to miss out.  It wasn't until 7:30pm that I was able to get myself to the gym but I made it.  Tuesday afternoon I had to go the dentist but I still went and ran 4 miles.  Then today...today I finished off a total of 21 days.   
I completed 21 consecutive days of working out a minimum of 30 minutes each day.  I have ran a total of 76.59 miles in 21 days which averages 3.65 miles a day.  I dropped 2.8 lbs.  That's a lot of junk food!  So here I am after working out every single day this month and four of the last days of July!  What do I do now? 
I was thinking I might take a day off or maybe two.  But then...tomorrow is only Thursday so I am thinking I might just do a nice easy walk.  You know, to stretch out my sore muscles.  I mean really, 21-22 days?  What difference could a day make?
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT