Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Miles!?!

I came home yesterday afternoon and found Jay in the kitchen.  Sunday and Monday are his days off.  I was hot and sweaty from the gym and I blurted out..."105!"
He looked at me with mock surprise and said, "Miles!?!"
"Nooo!"  He was messing with me, of course.  I was referring to the temperature outside not how many miles I had ran.  He knew that, of course.  "Do I look like I just ran 105 miles?"  I should have known better.
He looked me over and nodded his head.  "Well.  Yes.  But how many did you really run?"
"Nevermind,"  I said as I turned to leave.
"No, really, how many?"
"It doesn't sound so significant anymore, nevermind."
I wasn't really upset about it.  Really.  I walked away to shower smirking and shaking my head.  I've done a fair share of miles again.  I have been needing to build my base foundation again and I finally am starting to feel like I might be accomplishing that.  I haven't done any long runs but I know the way I do things and building this base of shorter consecutive miles works better for me.
The temperature is supposed to be somewhere around the 100's again today.  That, too, has been as consistent as my runs.  I'm still working up to the numbers.
TT      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT