Sunday, October 7, 2012

On holiday

I woke up late after a totally non-productive day yesterday.  Is that laziness creeping in or was I just plain tired?  I'm not going to debate it because one side of me always loses.  This morning I am going to do some last minute cleaning up and then start packing up a small case.  I'm not exactly leaving on a jet plane but I will be heading out to my paradise for two days.  I'm looking forward to the time away.  We will be staying at a different place.  We decided to go at such the last minute that our regular motel was full for today.  I hadn't thought about Monday being a holiday for some.  It wouldn't have been for me but it is now.  So I'm on holiday and we will be staying at the only Hotel in the area instead of Motel like we would normally do.  It's the newest place built and is bound to be a little fancier.  I'll bring the camera...
I would need to download a book or two but I'm at a stalemate with reading right now.  I am stuck on page 126 of a novel about a programmer that has written a Daemon (in fact that is the name of the book) and the concept is great but it hasn't kept my interest and the characters are interchangeable and I'm only able to read three or four pages at a time before setting it down...  But it's not really the books fault.  Everything I've been reading lately has turned from being my down-time and pleasurable get away to becoming my research and analysis to use for writing.  No wonder I'm so tired.  I can't even read anymore and there are a lot of books recently released I've been waiting to get a hold of.  Now I can't.  Not right now, anyway.  So, I am very much looking forward to the change of scene.  That was one of the points an editor said to do after a first draft...Take a break...it did say to read (can't do that), but look at art, listen to music, take a walk.  I think I'll ponder the water when I get a moment.
But right now I need to do some last minute cleaning and pack a small case.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT