Saturday, October 20, 2012

Choose positive

I had set a goal for myself to do a quick, entire, rewrite of my first draft by 10/27/12.  I do well with deadlines even if I knew this one was aggressive.  I purposely set it that way with the idea I would push it as far as I could and see where I ended up by that date.  I knew it would be tough but I wanted to stay focused and get as much done as I could.  I knew it would need another revision afterward but I felt the benefits of working on it this way would produce a better overall product and it would be done timely.
Well, it's 10/20/12. 
I managed to get through the first few chapters.  Then I had to stop.  I was having more mental warfare with myself about the story itself and how terribly weak it was/is.  I needed to stop and re-think and start again.  And that is where life itself stepped in and blocked all possibility of me even thinking about writing.  Yes.  I have put a few things up here, but how little it told of the total distraction and emotion that was going on behind these posting walls.  But that is now all past and my attitude has made a huge positive turn-around on putting things in new order.  And it's startling how powerful a positive view of things-to-come can influence achieving in bad situations.
So, now that is all past... 
It's a beautiful Saturday morning.  I have a full day ahead of me and so many things to choose to do.  How splendid is that?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT