Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bank it

I was reminded yesterday that it has been 14 years since I started working at my current employment.  I had forgotten about that. It wasn't formost on my mind and the only thing I could think of was that I had been 14 years at my previous job when I left.  Not that I was going to do that here immediately, I tried to put in.  But I certainly am not going to stay another 14 years, that's for sure.  Just take the total years of my past two jobs and it adds up to a huge number.  And let's not add in all the other previous jobs before that. 
I guess it's just another reminder to myself how I somehow manage to hang in.  Maybe it's a little more than just that but when and where did it all go and how did I make it here?  I wasn't thinking about it.  Maybe that was how.  We already know the when was 14 years ago. 
Anyway.  It reminded me that I need to clear 40 hours out of my bonus vacation bank in order to allow for a 15 year bonus week to be added by next year.  I should do that along with keeping my regular vacation bank below the 322 hour maximum mark where I am currently at 314.55 hours.  Hmmm....that might be the answer to the where it's all going.  It's all stored away in a nice, neat, little (Okay, big) bank of time. 
I should start thinking about 14 years and maybe, just maybe, how I should start spending some of that big bank.
TT 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...Carrying a Heavy Load...trying to go further on down this looong road!
It's a Heavy Load....things are not what they ever seem.

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT