Saturday, October 27, 2012

Check

It's a little too cool this morning but I've got a fresh, hot, cup of black, black coffee in my favorite milk chocolate brown mug.  Will it turn into one of those Saturdays I can sit quietly and hit some keyboards?  I mean the kind of keyboard I am using right now although if I went downstairs I could tickle some real ivories.  I don't know how that would work out.  It's been a while since I attempted to play those keys.
It's been a while since I've attempted the keyboard in front of me, too.  Or so it seems.

I was clearing out and organizing the files on my laptop and I found a few stray documents that I must have started and saved because I ran out of time.  They were only a few sentences and I trashed them until I came upon one that was a few sentences of dialogue.  I had written it about two months ago and although I slightly remember it I don't have any idea where I was going with it.  I decided since I wasn't doing anything else I expanded on it.  Over the last 4 or 5 days I've taken it from a few sentences to about 1500 words.  That isn't a whole lot but considering zero to fifteen hundred is really more than I would have had if I left it a few days ago it isn't so bad. 
I still don't know where it is going.  It seems to be just another exercise for me.  I decided to write it in first person and let the character be as spontaneous as she wants even if she comes off a little off.  I'm also not thinking about it too much.  That might be the best part of the exercise.  I'm thinking it's title might even be Imaginary Lines but that is just a working title and I'll change my mind about it later.  I also don't think it will be full length.  Maybe, much shorter - I'm thinking 100-150 pages?  Listen to me.  And I said I hadn't been thinking about it.
Actually, what I was thinking was I need to go back and revise the first chapter of my completed draft.  I know I have to go back and make that opening more believable.  I know where to start and I know what I have to do and I think I need to get working on it.
This might be the perfect Saturday.  It's a little too cool.  I have my steaming cup of hot, black coffee.  I need to hit some keyboards.
Sounds like I have the perfect checklist for me to get going.
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT