Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Then the rains came

We had several absolute downpours yesterday.  Rain has been happening more than the norm lately which is a very good thing.  The first time was during my lunch.  I attempted to sit outside but got up and moved before the buckets of rain were spilled all over the table I had been sitting.  I got to watch through the glass inside at another dryer table.
Later after work, I had a dental appointment and while I was inbetween my cleaning and waiting for the doctor to check my xrays I could hear the weather start up again.  It could have been the chants through the walls from the childrens' karate studio next door but I was able to distinguish that from the actual thundering and high velocity pelting of huge rainfall.  It was coming down very hard.  It was getting so hard and so late I got a call from Jay..."Yes.  I hear it.  I didn't realize they were going to take xrays...be home in a bit...I'll be careful."
I had thoughts before lunch that I might have been able to get out and have a run after work - after my appointment.  There was no chance of that by the time I got home.  A full Monday, a long dental appointment and rain coming down in sheets didn't mix well with my original plans.  So I had a slight shift of plans and I'll move along.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT