Saturday, June 9, 2012

Early or late

I just finished off a bowl of cereal after taking a shower.  It seems late for me but don't be thinking I just got up.  No.  This is the fourth Saturday in a row that I've gone out for a run at the Haven.  I was up and there a little after 7:00 this morning.  I could have skipped it but I wanted to go.  Why not?  I figured I could run 8 miles and kick-start the day.  Besides, it would be the second time I would get to use this new application I downloaded on my phone that uses GPS.  It's more accurate than the nike+ sensor I have been using and it's really convenient since it automatically sends the data to the website when I save it on the phone.  No sync'ing with iTunes and hoping it doesn't lose the run stats.  My nano is still dead with no recovery in sight so I don't have another option.  This new appl also has better stats along with being more accurate about how far I've gone.  It shows the route I've run on a map, it has the elevation (826 today)!, it shows my mile pace and splits for each and it can be used for other activities, too, like walking, cycling...as long as it can pick up the GPS signal.
So, how could I not be excited about using that?  Well,  it really was more about the run and again 8 miles turned into 10 by my going out the extra mile before heading back.  And it was a slow pace back.  I probably should have kept it at 8 miles today but, oh well, I did the 10 even if it was slow.  It was about the distance today and the speed will have to work itself out.
If you are keeping track (I am) it's 37 miles for the month so far.  I am going for another 100 miles this month to match the past two.  I'll see how it goes.  So far, it's going well.
It really seems late for me.  Or early.  Now I'm not sure.  I'm already getting hungry for lunch!
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT