Thursday, June 7, 2012

Options

I accomplished quite a bit yesterday.  I got the major portion of cleaning done and the house feels so much better to walk around in.  It's nice to have enough time to go through and get it all done instead of having to break it out into separate chores at different times in order to make it fit into an already too packed day.  This extra time is something else.  I have certainly been able to make it work this time around.
Before I started all the housekeeping yesterday I went out in the neighborhood for a run.  I didn't even put a load of laundry in to wash while I was gone.  I figured I had time to do it afterward and I did.  That sure is a nice thing about having all day.  It was also a nice thing to run my regular route in my neighborhood.  The amazing thing recently is I haven't fallen once since I bought my new running shoes.  I knew something was up with that other pair.  I bought the first pair - the ones that had me stumbling at every corner - on 3/3/12.  I know because I saved my receipts so I could calculate how many miles I've put on them so I would know when I needed a new pair.  So on 3/3/12 I bought the new stumbler shoes.  I replaced them with the ones I have now on 5/11/12.  During that short time frame I fell at least 4 times (maybe 5) with those older shoes!  I was so banged up, scraped, and bruised - including a busted lip - from those shoes than no one should be so abused in that short period of time.  Not a single incident has happened since I replaced them on 5/11/12.  Good for me.  Good for my torn palms, bloody knees, and punctured pride.  It's always mortifying to feel yourself going down and not being able to stop it especially when there are carloads of people watching you fall.  But that hasn't happened in a while and it's a very good thing.  What did happen was that right after mile three yesterday my iPod nano went completely dead.  It just stopped working.  I had soaked it through (again).  It had absorbed so much moisture this time I don't know if the rice bag trick will revive it this time around like it did before.  It hasn't worked so far and it's been brewing there overnight since yesterday morning.
So I downloaded a GPS based run meter on my phone and I will use it for now until I figure out what to do.  It will have to work for now and I'll track it on another site for a while.  And I have to laugh because it seems my timing is unbelievable.  Nike+ had just launched their new improved, faster, friendlier site to use.  Not all portions are available yet but just from yesterday it was looking sleeker and was much faster than before.  Ah well. 
So I'm looking forward to another free day.  I'll get my run done early and see what else I can do.  Sure is nice to have the options.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT