Friday, June 29, 2012

One-liners about places

Jay had a friend that sent him an email with  funny one-liners about places to go.  Jay thought it was amusing and printed it so I could see it too.  It's much the same way that Jay will find a humorous cartoon in the paper and cut it out and put on the fridge door for me to see.  This email did have some funny lines and for some reason we kept the printed email to glance at to get a chuckle over every now and then.  Then Jay had mentioned about two months ago that this friend was having some back problems. 
Jay gets to meet some interesting people at his shop.  This man was an established illusionist.  He had a fairly large production with mostly stage magic.  He did the big stuff.  He had been doing it for many years.  Before that, somewhere from the late 70's thru the mid 80's, he was the Master of Ceremonies for the traveling Austrian Lipizzaner Stallions.  If you remember them, they were those majestic white horses that would perform.  I remember them and it must have been thrilling to have toured center stage with such a production for so many years as this friend had.
It turned out it wasn't back problems he was having.  It was an advanced and aggressive cancer that didn't leave the doctors time to do anything about.  He was gone within that short time span.  I never actually met him.  I only know he must have been an interesting person and left me with some funny one-liners that I can still appreciate.  I wish I had written them myself but I didn't.  At the end of the original email he had the name (Bubba B. Johnson III) in parathesis so he might have been giving him author credits but I can't be sure.  Anyway,  I thought I would share them just the same...for the Master of Ceremonies and the Stage Illusionist.

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots.  Apparently, you can't go alone.  You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
I've also never been in Cognito.  I hear no one recognizes you there.
I have, however, been in Sane.  They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there.  I have made serveral trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.
I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.
I have also been in Doubt.  That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense!  It really gets the adrenaline flowing and pumps up the old heart!  At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!
I may have been in Continent, and I don't remember what country I was in.  It's an age thing.

This professional entertainer, even in his everyday, knew the importance of leaving everyone with a smile.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT