Monday, June 11, 2012

Better

It's still dark out, just a little after 6:00am.  A scene I have played many times.  The room is dark except for the dim light from a single long-necked desk lamp illuminating a portion of the small desk it sits on.  There is only the slightest sounds of one or two passing cars outside the upstairs windows and the muted noise of fingerpads running across a non-musical keyboard.  It's a typical Monday morning and how quickly things can go back to the normal created through years of doing the same routine.  I've done all the things I usually do.  I have things in place the way I usually would.  There is only a fleeting feeling of the way things were just a week ago when I was on vacation but it's almost gone.  Buried under the regular ordinary.  How quickly that ordinary was able to move into place. 
The good thing is I haven't lost all of how the way things were last week.  It may be fleeting on the surface but it has sunk deeper.  I'll need to rearrange schedules again.  It won't be the pick up and do what I want, when I want, that was so nice last week.  I had a screaming feeling to rise up and run this morning and had to tamp that down.  I'm sure there will be others things that will need to be tempered and patience and planning might be the only course of action.  But it isn't an impossible task and it isn't like I haven't played this scene before.  Many times. 
It's only better now since I had that time.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT