Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

It is a new day of a New Year.  2012.  I thought it appropriate to take a look at New Year Resolutions so I researched a few different lists.  The lists I found each averaged about 10-11 items that claimed were the most popular. After comparing them, I found that these three items below appeared on all the lists.  They were:
  • Get Fit - lose weight, eat better, exercise
  • Save Money - get out of debt, manage debt
  • Quit Smoking
Well, I don't smoke so I can check that off.  Getting fit and out of debt are things I've already worked on and gotten pretty close to doing so I thought I might take a look at some of the things that didn't appear consistantly on all other lists.  That is when I found, enjoy life more.
What a wonderful starting point to build all other resolutions.  What a great resolve.  It makes sense, doesn't it?  If turning the calendar page is giving each of us a clean slate, a fresh place to start, than what a great way to build upon whatever I plan to do than enjoying it more.  It's all part of life.  All those long lists of challenges that are some, if not most, times abandoned after only a few months or even weeks mean nothing if I don't have the personal enthusiam to make them happen.  The key to making them all work might be to figure out what will get me to enjoy it all more.
So, this year I will be considering all those resolutions and challenges I have come up with (without the help of researched lists) from the starting point of how it can become a way for me to enjoy life more.
What a great way to begin this New Year, this clean slate!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT