Saturday, January 21, 2012

Edit

I have always said this blog was a way to get me to learn how to stop editing myself.  You can read about it on the "About This Blog" tab at the top of the page. Actually I had an entirely different blog prior to this one that was a story I was writing.  I posted story chapters as I wrote them.  That was my original tool.  I figured I would write the fiction and once I posted a chapter I couldn't go back and edit it.  The posted chapter had to stand as-is and I could only go forward with the story.  I got pretty far on that story but then...well, then I read it at a bad moment and pulled the entire site down.

I knew I couldn't stop writing even though I didn't have a clue how to keep a blog going.  I didn't think about it too long when I started but many times after.  I knew a few words a day could only help me improve.  And it was about getting words down without constantly editing.  I thought I had come a long, long way.  I thought so.  Then as I was looking through a file and I found this.  It's my original header from this blog.
It was a simple and accurate statement about what I was trying to do here.  It lasted that way for a good long while.  It said it right.
Then I had one of those moments again (except I didn't pull the entire site this time) but gave my words a second thought and the header was changed to this.
I think I realized I wasn't struggling with words as much as I had been and took that part out.  I'm not sure what I was thinking about the end of that sentence.  I don't think I gave up on life but probably thought it sounded stupid.  (Well, of course you're gonna live life along the way- until you don't)!

So, here I am thinking I've done well with learning from the blog and curbing the editing of myself.  I thought there had been a lot I have learned from doing this.  But then I looked at these two examples and I have to think if I will ever stop the continual editing.
I don't think so.  Probably not.  I mean really.
Look at the header I have now.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT