Friday, January 20, 2012

Side notes

I took a break from running yesterday after seven consecutive days.  I hadn't really planned it that way but it turned out like that.  I had to make my last (already paid-for) massage appointment even though I wasn't particularly looking forward to it.  It figures that this last one would turn out really well.  I don't think I was as immersed in bad attitude as last time and the girl giving me the rub down was really good.  I don't know if we were supposed to or not but we talked the entire time.  What is massage etiquette anyway?  I thought you were supposed to be quiet and listen to that god-awful tinkling music they put on. (insert bad attitude here) It never does much to relax me since it isn't very good and I hear all the bad reproductions of sounds and dissonant notes that I guess no one else hears.  Maybe I just hear music the way dogs hear that whistle or something. (resume good attitude) In any case with all the talking I never heard the awful music and was thoroughly distracted by the talking. It worked out great.
Afterward, I couldn't resist the fabulous weather and headed out to my favorite retail shopping area.  I wasn't particularly looking for anything but I got there and found myself at a table outside in the sun.  I sat and just felt great soaking it all up.  When was the last time I got to do that?  I sat as long as I wanted.  I played with my new crazy phone since I can check e-mail and stuff from it.  No writing - although there is a way - I just haven't read through all the instructions and this part of the day wasn't about anything more than enjoying the moment. When I did finally get up from the table I found a great pair of black pumps for 50% off and then some jeans and a top for 60% off so it really was a great afternoon.
Today, I'm waiting for the heavy fog to burn off.  Temperatures are going to be great again and I'm thinking maybe it's time to take myself down and check out the greenway for a run.  I've been wanting to give it a look-see and haven't quite made it yet.  Today should be the perfect day to give it a try.
Beside, during our conversation, the massage therapist had great things to say about it. (end with postive attitude) What better recommendation could I get? (no, more positive)  I can't wait!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT