Monday, January 9, 2012

I should have just gone for a run

I've been running again.  My runs lately have been mostly shorter 3 mile runs that I feel like I need to do consistently for a while to get my base foundation built up again.  I did run 4.5 miles on Saturday which was great.  I waited until almost 2:00 in the afternoon for the temperature to come up and it was a very nice 74 degrees by the time I headed out.  The 3 miler is a route I was lucky enough to carve out in my own neighborhood that lets me make it out my front door, run a rectangle and end up back at my front door again.  My 4 miler is much the same way with me going an extra block before turning.  It sure makes it convenient.  It sure is nice when I don't let the weather stop me.
That is what I did yesterday.  I waited a little too long for the weather to straighten itself out but it got cloudy instead.  I missed my opportunity to head to my now very conveniently close gym by (okay - I don't know why) but cleaning the toilets instead.  I made a drastic and harmful mistake upstairs when I first dumped clorox into the bowl.  I went on downstairs cleaning other things when I came upon the actual toilet bowl cleaner downstairs.  Sure enough, stupid me, ran back upstairs and put some into the same bowl I had dumped the clorox.  Uh-oh.  You don't mix chemicals now, do you.  You would think I would have known I made the mistake at that point when it bubbled and churned.  Oh, no!  I went ahead and started cleaning it out until I couldn't breathe.  I left the room coughing but went back!  Again.  Stubborn to a fault.  I had to get it clean.  But then I realized it wasn't just fumes but BAD stuff like throat burning, can't catch my breath stuff.  Flush, flush, open the window and escape.
Foolish.  It's hard to run in my neighborhood or even at the conveniently close gym when your throat is burning and you can't take a deep breath without it hurting from the inside out.  And the coughing doesn't help.
So I missed a run yesterday but the burning is gone and the breathing is back to normal.  I haven't checked the toilet yet because Jay went up after me and closed the door and I haven't opened it yet again.  Later.  After I get my next run in, I think.
That is what I should have been doing in the first place.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT