Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ten more

I'm ten miles away from my goal this month of running a total of 75 miles.  It isn't that big a distance - the 10 miles.  I've managed really well considering that in the middle of the month, on January 12, I only had 12.5 miles.  That was the day I went on vacation and that was the day I decided I needed to put this year back in order as far as my running was concerned. 
I started on my first day off and went down a path that took me to easy, fun, and solid runs.  Did I go to the gym for some of those?  Yes, I did.  I fit it into that schedule without a hitch.  The work-outs flowed and I managed quite well.  I ran seven consecutive days and a total of nine workouts for the time I was off and I completed an additional 41 miles to add to the 12.5.  This past week of going back to work has proven to be more of a struggle.  I took more days off from runs than I originally planned.  I ran at the gym once and then on Thursday the weather opened it's secret door and let me in to run outdoors.  I set my sensor for a four-miler and once I hit that mark, with the outside temperatures and brilliant sunshine, I just couldn't stop.  I took off and ran until I was just over six miles...a 10K if you will.  So great!  That is where I am now.  I have the time to put in 10 miles to hit my goal for the month.  It's just that my motivation keeps taking a roller coaster ride that seems to be affected by this weather lately.  It goes from gloriously beautiful to downright dreary with each day.  I need to keep reminding myself that my choices are to go to the gym or run outside and not if I don't run outside, I don't run at all.
Another pothole in my mind along the way is that I can't seem to go longer distances on the treadmill at the gym or have inspired runs like I did last Thursday.   But the gym can keep me consistent so I have to admit that positive and the added miles adds another layer to that foundation I am building. 
So it seems I might have to drag myself to the gym this morning with the weather misbehaving yet again.  I have ten miles to go for the month.  If I get in at least 3 or 4 miles today I will feel much better than if I do zero or zero today and still have 10 to do.  I need to get off my princess arse and come back feeling better than I do now.  It's seems like such a hard task at the moment when I would so much rather...
Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi.  You're my only hope.

Stay Strong, princess.
TT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats...lace them dogs up and go get that 75! You one running be at cha.

Chetta said...

Well, well! I'm not sure if it was you telling me to lace them dogs or help from Obi Wan but I got 6 miles in (AT THE GYM)! and now have a piddly 3.75 miles to complete 75...with 3 days to go this month! Ah, who am I kidding? It was you and lacing up the dogs!
TT

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT