Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just don't stop

They settled back into the sofa and
I had been writing for a while on my fiction.  I had been going right along with words going strong and then I wrote the small phrase.
They settled back into the sofa and 
and what?  I stopped.  I re-read it.  I started to feel like I had hit a bump.  Was I going to trip or stumble?  Was I going to fall.  Would I catch myself and keep going or was I going down.  Hard.  Was I stopping hard?  Can't think of what else to write.  What are they going to do?  I would have thought at the pace I had been writing I wouldn't have been having a problem.  Everything had been running smoothly and then they had to settle themselves into the sofa.  What the heck did they think they were doing that for?  What was that all about? 
Don't panic.  I tried to tell myself this wasn't my stopping point.  I wasn't going to leave it there.   Don't be so controlling or, well, take control.  Figure out what they would do next.  Or make them get up off the sofa.  
Or, don't wait so long.  Don't think it over.  Keep going.  Write.  and Something.  I know better.  it can be and Anything but put some words after it and don't let it stop me.   It can be fixed later but right now make them do something after settling back into the sofa, whatever it is.  Just don't panic and just don't stop.
 
Hmm.  Okay.  How about...
and I went another 300+ words.   Not bad considering I would have allowed myself to stop and fret and try to figure it out instead of just, well, to keep going.  And I got past it.  I would have let the not knowing what to write mid-sentence thing conquer me.  But I didn't.  So maybe next time I can't use it as another excuse to stop.  To wait.  To shut down and let it go for another time.  
So another good writing session.  At least now I am at a real stopping point where I have written a goodly amount of total words (much, much more than 300+) and I know where I left off and can easily start again.  I could even tell you what happened after they settled back into the sofa and...
I just won't tell you what they were doing right before.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT