Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More coffee

I'm barely stumbling awake.  I knew I didn't have any coffee but I also knew the office of this establishment has pots of it made in the mornings.  It was only a few steps away so I pulled on some short, threw on a top and shuffled into my flip-flops.  On the short walk over I ran my fingers through my hair to make sure it was lying flat and pushed the door open to the office.  A mumbled good morning came out of my mouth to the lady behind the counter but I did so without raising my head as I made a straight line to the coffee machine.  I was tempted to take two cups.  They are terribly small cups but I only took one and filled it to the very top.  A quick thank you was returned to the lady when she bid me a good day.  She must be used to the early morning coffee fiends that can only stumble and mumble on days like this.  If she isn't, she just thought I was rude.  But I got my coffee and I'm not rude.  She can think about it all day if she wants and I'll be off doing other things.  Probably searching down more coffee.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT