Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 2 - CH

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - Day 2:

Thoughts at 7:28am - Writing is not far from my mind.  Even with the time I spent working on my outline yesterday, I feel like it is too skeletal.  By that, I mean I certainly haven't fleshed it out.  I may have an idea of where the story might be going, but I need to think harder about my characters.  I haven't formulated enough information about them except a glimmer of what is driving the protagonist.  Glimmers aren't enough. It has to go deeper and my sub-conscious mind is telling me...these writing applications can be great tools but stick with your instincts about how to get the story written.  I might be filling in the blanks in a nice, neat, little system but if I work only that way the entire story will be blank.  But, I must be progressing in my writing to be able to fill in those blanks and still recognize I have other factors to consider to make a whole story.

9:35-10:00am - Just after a run and I've worked through some strong items that will drive the story.  Only a short amount of time spent but I'm being called away for other things.

The story is now officially off the ground.  I didn't get in a lot of words but if I didn't start I wouldn't have anywhere to go. Now I have started down the path and the story is stuck in my head.  I've read (not today or yesterday) that it is good to stay with it at this point.  Daily.  A bit at a time to know where you are, and to know where you are going next without letting days lapse and having to re-figure where you left off.  It's only day two and it's tough since it isn't a typical part of my routine.  Yet.
TT

Oh...I found where I have a direct link to 'my portfolio' on writing.com.  It's only if you wanted to read the version of A Penny that I posted there.  You don't have to log-in or create user names and passwords to read it this way.  I'm pretty sure.
http://Writing.Com/authors/tessat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT