Friday, July 5, 2013

No negatives

I just came in from a short run.  I can think of a lot of negatives that I could point out but since I've already let those flash through my head I don't need to expound about them here.  What I will say is that I managed to go out and run.  Period. 
I had a hard time yesterday afternoon trying to figure out what day it is today.  It felt like Sunday and I would need to head back to work this morning.  Then I knew I was taking time off and I realized today is Friday and I don't have to go to work.  I don't have to go back to work until next Thursday.  Much, much needed vacation.  More than I realized in a long, long time.  Maybe the reason I have so many negatives about my runs lately.  Hey, wait.  Didn't I already put a period after that?
I'm taking it easy today.  Shower, more coffee, trip to the Post Office, and then pull those pieces I found on my flash drive.  I need to take a look at them and see if there is anything there I can use for a short story.  Or maybe use the idea from one of those to start a new one.  Maybe I should decide to spend four hours today doing something that has to do with writing.  Even it that includes reading a few more articles, making some notes, doing some research.  Then I can spend another four hours tomorrow building on what I've done today.  If I'm able to do even a portion of what I've just said, I will have managed to get it started. 
Period.
TT
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT