Thursday, July 18, 2013

Knew that

I didn't get around to coming upstairs yesterday afternoon so I never had a chance to try out my newly downloaded yWriter5 application.  I don't have time again this morning.
I finished reading another short book by a well-published writer talking about how she writes.  I probably didn't need to read it but when did reading anything turn out too badly?  I can't think of a time.  It is just more information to store up.
I am back to that old excuse of time management and how I claim to have too little of it.  That was one of the subjects the well-published writer talked about.  Briefly.  She pretty much summed it up by saying you should make writing a responsibility and show up.  I never 'showed up' yesterday afternoon.  It had nothing to do with time.
She caught me on a few other points like don't re-write chapter one until you think it's perfect.  Guilty.  Although, I have gotten better about continuing to write instead of dwelling on what I have written.  There were other common sense aides to writing.  What if I have so many ideas I start one thing and leave it for another and another?  Pick one and finish it.  How do you overcome self-doubt?  I'm not sure but if it's important, you grit your teeth and take the chance.  What do I do about procrastinating?  It's like I'm afraid to write each day.  Many writers fear facing an empty page and more fearful it won't be good.  Don't get caught up using your writing time talking about writing, planning your writing area, thinking about writing.  Just write.
Uh-oh.  I knew that.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT