Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 1 - CH

I am getting down to basics.  This site has always been meant to be my tool.
With that in mind, I will be using it as such for the course of this goal to write a simple, short story.  It will be my gauge and my log book.  It will also be used to keep me accountable to myself and to keep me focused. 

Saturday, July 20, 2013 - Day One:
1:55pm - 2:10pm

  • Pulled everything off my desk and sat at work table facing away from laptop.
  • Quickly went through all notes, put in appropriate story binders, or put in stack for trash.
  • Pulled notes only for current 7500 word project with working title of Coming Home=CH

2:10-3:30

  • Back to desk and laptop.  Opened CH and started in yWriter5 application.  Completed brief outlines with scenes for entire story
3:30-4:25
  • Yogurt break (for me) and beer run (for Birthday Party tonight at Sonny and Selma's House)
4:25-5:10
  • Back to work and re-looked over outline.  Need to add brief character sketches to application and the sub-thread that moves the story.  It will be pretty lame without that part.
So, I really spent two hours over the course of the entire afternoon working on CH.  I don't have a single word written toward the story but I have some planning out of the way.  It wouldn't have taken as long if I hadn't entered it all into yWriter5 but then I also wouldn't have been able to print the entire synopsis by Chapter and Scene.  What does all that mean?  It means I should be able to pick up that printed copy and know exactly what I need to start writing and what I need to accomplish.  Then I can move to the next scene and know what I am writing. So for today, Day One for CH is done.
I have to get ready for the Birthday party. My grandson is turning 8 yrs old and his cousin, turning 5, with his family from out of town here to celebrate.  I'm talking Mr. L's big brother turning 9.  (Mr. L is only 19 months-not 9 years, yet)!    Gifts were purchased this morning and they are wrapped and ready to go.  Now I need to get myself in that same state.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT