Wednesday, July 10, 2013

File hugging

I've spent a little time this morning going through my document library trying to sort and organize.  I wasn't heading in that direction when I first started out.  I was mainly looking for a certain short piece that I was going to start editing and possibly get into some type of better shape of reading than it is now in it's present state.
Once I arrived at the location of all my documents I thought I should create new folders to place the random bits of fiction.  I dragged and moved a few to get them into order.  Some were marked clearly and that made it easy to move the related stories and revisions to the proper files I created.  Then I found one that I opened in order to identify where it should go.  I found this short bit...

Kate walked up to the boss’s door and gave a quick rap with her knuckles.  She already had her hand on the doorknob and didn’t wait for his permission to enter before pulling the door open and walking in.  He was sitting behind his desk with the phone to his ear and moved forward in his chair when she came to stand across from him.  As she waited for him to finish, she crossed her arms moving the file folder she was holding against her chest.  She kept her arms wrapped around the file like she was protecting it as she waited.

That was all the document contained.  I kind-of, sort-of, remember writing it but I don't have any recollection about what my idea was, where I was going with it, what I was planning to do with it?  It's just a paragraph, I guess, I decided to write and then forgot about.  I think it's curious that Kate here is hugging that file folder.  Am I hugging my random bits of stories a little to close to the chest instead of just letting them grow into whatever they need to grow into?  Just a thought. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT