Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 5 - CH

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - Day 5:

This morning was another short writing session before work.  I was dwelling on the same words I had already written, but it dawned on me that the few words I added here and there (and corrected) is my process.  I'm sure sorry it isn't the way I'm supposed to do this.  I'm supposed to keep writing and keep getting the story written in draft form.
But I realized I am hovering over these first few introductory words of the story to get to know more about the main character because I felt something was missing.  The past two mornings I've spent working on this one scene has revealed more to me about Susan than any of my original ideas.  It reveals a bit of who she is and why she's there but more, because there are certain things that aren't apparent about her until she is on the page instead of in my imagination.  Like the way she planned a few things in advance instead of dealing with them when she got to the cottage.  In the outline, it is there to save time and word count, but on the page it tells something about her.  She wants to get this task done and move on, which is important because that will change.
And now that I've rationalized the last two days...

And I had every intention of writing more after work and expanding the draft I have started.  It didn't happen so it was good that I spent the time in the morning working on it.  It keeps me honest about opening and doing some type of work on it daily.  But I have to start focusing on moving this simple story along.  I've been at the beginning too long.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT