Sunday, May 26, 2013

No more excuses

Just got back from my second run in two days.  The rain held up for an instant yesterday morning and I took the opportunity to go out and get it done.  I did and this morning there were only clouds trying to scare me.   I laughed in their face and did it again.  Ten miles in two days isn't so bad for me.  It's the most I've done in a long time and I still have tomorrow!  Let's get over and go.  No more excuses.
The best part is I have the entire day to go.  Whatever, whenever, now, then...let's go with it.  I will be taking a portion of that time to write.  I need to get down to finishing up that story.  I'm feeling pretty fair about how it went if I try to analyze the statistics on the finestories site.

It's been exactly 30 days since I originally posted the prologue and chapter one.  I have a total of 346 downloads during that time, received 21 votes for a score of 2.79 (out of 5).  The interesting part is that 13 people have placed the story in their library, which acts as a bookmark.  This (to me) means they thought the story good enough to want to watch for the next chapter when I posted it.
It also means a lot that I have gotten more downloads on this story in 30 days than I have received on any other I posted in over 9 months.
The above stats go a little deeper in each chapter and shows the date I posted.  During the same 30 days each chapter breaks down to the downloads above.  Chapter two has 95% (not bad!) and chapter three has 58% and although that might be taken as a bad thing it's still more than half of the total downloads.  I don't want to try to imagine why anyone might have read through the first three chapters and didn't go on.  It might be...no.  Can't play that game.  In any case, 58% is a big number for a rookie writer like me.  Stats are only stats, right?  They only talk numbers, not why's.  I'm thrilled with the 13 that put me into their libraries!

So I need to get to work and finish.  I need to get over and go.  No more excuses.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT