Saturday, May 11, 2013

A moment to begin

Saturday morning after a late night.  It's 7:13am and the hotel room is dark as I sip a cup of coffee.  The balcony door is open to hear the gulls and I feel the breeze swirling in off the water that is only as far as across the street.  I can see it by simply lifting my eyes over the top of my laptop.  Such a slight and simple gesture gives me the glimmer of the sun sparkling off the motion of the bumpy waves.  It hypnotizes me to pause and become entrenched in the calming motions of the gentle pushing and pulling of the rhythmic waters. I can't pull myself away but there is no reason to move.  
What better way to start a weekend, a Saturday, any day? I have my coffee in hand, gulls are squawking their tune, and water is so close I can hear it rustle.
They don't make personal paradises much better than this.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT