Monday, May 27, 2013

Annoying

How about pounding out six miles this morning?  No thanks, just did that!  It might be that I knew this was my last day off that I decided to add another mile to my run this morning.  I was right at 5 miles, a few feet away from the house when I took a turn and decided I needed another mile to cool down.  Can adding an extra mile to a run be considered a cool down?  It's amazing the way I can make stuff up as I go along but it served me pretty well.  I'm feeling all the better for it and none the worse.  Not too shabby.
Starting out these past three mornings with runs has certainly been great.  I have been saying I wanted to get back into the routine but saying and doing - well, no matter how much you say something it doesn't count for anything.  It can count to make you someone who is all talk and a major annoyance depending on the amount of times it is repeated.  I know I've lashed out at myself for being a major annoyance.  It's too easy to keep talking and making up reasons why it isn't getting done.  But I have that new motto that came out of...where did it come from?  I don't know where.  ?
Oh - I know!  It was that final straw, the breaking point, the ultimate annoyance with myself when I finally lashed out in response.  'No more excuses.'
TT
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT