Monday, June 29, 2009

Clearly clearing

I am feeling just a bit better today than the end of the day yesterday. I got up and did a jog by the water. Did I say I was taking two days off and coming out to the seaside? Oh, sorry. I meant to let you know. So I was able to enjoy a jog by the water first thing this morning. Beautiful.
I got back to the motel and dragged Jay out of bed after I showered so we could go to breakfast. He isn't a morning person and it takes him f o r e v e r to wake up.
Once at the restaurant I couldn't help but point out that our waitress had decent shoes. He laughed. Jay had made a comment to me at lunch yesterday about our waitress' choice of shoes. He leaned in to me yesterday and said, "Tell our waitress to change her shoes."
"What?"
"Tell our waitress to change her shoes," he repeated.
"Why," I asked. I hadn't seen them.
"They are very distracting."
"Distracting? What do they have on them to make them distracting?"
"Some kind of ugly."
Cute, very cute.
Then he added, "And tell her to change her shorts, too. They are plaid and ill-fitting. If I were manager of this place I wouldn't let her wear that."
"Well, lucky her - you're not manager."
"You never dress like that."
"Well...thanks. I guess. But why can't you tell her about the shoes?"

I've taken it a bit easy today. I'm at least a shade darker now than I was before and that's probably my only accomplishment today. Everyone followed the not ugly shoe rule so I didn't even have to do anything about that. Not too bad I think.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT