Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gym from Heaven

I went to a new gym that opened very recently yesterday. There was an extreme combat class that started at 8:30am so I left early to make sure I had drive time and to check on parking. I must say that although it might not actually be the gym from heaven it was wonderful! It's on part of the University's Health Science area so it is surrounded by an outdoor running track, baseball diamonds, picnic areas, and that's just getting to the entrance. There were glassed walls two stories up with seating arrangements along the bottom floor and the reception desk as you walk in. The weight area was all on the bottom floor, with a outdoor pool in the back, a full basketball court along side and the locker rooms with dry and wet steam rooms. On the other side they had a café with indoor and outdoor seating. A staircase led up to the cardio area upstairs with another small seating area. There were two classrooms upstairs, one equipped with cycles and all the newest cardio equipment available. Wow! All new and spacious and the class was awesome! Needless to say, I will be going back.

I wasn't even bothered a bit when the guard at the parking booth asked about my car...asked if he could lean in to see the dash since I had the top down and even asked to pop the trunk to see where the top was stored. This was as I was driving in...and he asked the year and model. I guess that was just part of what he should have been asking me for parking but I'm not sure. He asked my last name and I repeated what was on his name tag. Silly man, he smiled and said that's my name, too! I just smiled back.

He waved me through when I was leaving and told me to have a good day! I must say - I certainly did.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT