Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Too hot?

It has been what some (most) people would say extremely hot. I don't know that it is the way I would describe it but that is what I am hearing. The topic of the weather would seem like an ordinary and safe topic to discuss. It would seem that way. I happen to be in the time of year I love the most. Hot. Some (most) people don't agree. Some (most) people want the air conditioning set to sub-zero freezing temperatures if the weather gets to where I want it all year. It caused one mild (by whose standards - I'm not sure) conversation when my aisle companions complained about the indoor temperature being too warm and me calling the bunch of them squeeky wheels. They all put their heads down and pretended to find something to work on right away. Ah well.

I've had more than a few people ask me whether it was too hot to put the top down on my car. The first few times I was asked this I was puzzled and stammered, "no," shaking my head for emphasis. Too hot? The only time I don't drop the top on my car is when it's raining hard (I've done it when it's sprinkled and I thought it would stop) and when it's cold. My car is a convertible, two seater - the top is supposed to be down if at all possible! So it is. And I'm enjoying it more than you could imagine.

To heck with the safe subject of the weather. I will continue (and have) sat outside at lunch in what people have told me was 98 degree weather. I look at them blankly. "Really?...so?...was that the number? Didn't feel like it to me."

You will have to just believe me when I say, there really are a few safe subjects for me out there. Weather doesn't seem to be one of them.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT