Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wicked

I had tickets and went to see the live touring company of Wicked last night. It was a wonderful performance...like the wizard himself. I had read the book many years ago when a friend lent it to me (how many have I read because of that)! It was after a Halloween the year I had dressed as the wicked witch, all with black dress and hat with green tinted make-up. My twist, of course, was that I wore ruby slippers with it and carried a basket with a furry tail hanging out. My line was, "I got the little pretty and her little dog, too." What else did you expect.

The book (somewhat like me, I guess) was much darker than the musical but the transitions made to stage were wonderful (that word again). The references to all that is OZ were all subtle and very well done. The cast was amazing, voices were powerful, staging and sets, costumes to die for, characters funny and believable. I could gush more and more but the gist of it is that it was a very enjoyable evening.

Then I pulled all black to wear today. I'm going to say it's just the lingering thoughts of theatre influencing me.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT