Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shoe box

I have a draft of a post I have been working on. For some reason, I keep going back to it instead of just deleting it. I'm not sure why except maybe I'm afraid I won't come up with a better idea. The problem seems to be that no matter how many times I make attempts at making it work it just doesn't. I think it's time to ditch it but here I am even this morning trying to find a way.

I'm trying to salvage something that might be nothing. Or maybe what I'm trying to focus on is the wrong part of the subject? If I took a picture of what I thought this idea was, what do I see after the picture is taken? Do I really notice what I thought was going to catch my eye or is it something else to the side? Am I seeing something there at the lower corner that I didn't even know was in the picture. I wish I could take credit for this different way of thinking about my subject but it was an idea I got from a book.

So, I'm still not sure about the original draft that I keep going back to. Maybe I'll take a couple of pictures of it and take a fresh look again. See what I see and then decide it's not a good picture anyway. That may be just the case. It may be one of those shots you took thinking it was going to be so good and ends up at the bottom of the shoe box you keep all those photos in but never really look at. You know they are all there but what are you really going to do with them all? Probably not much more than keep them in a shoe box. Huh.

Maybe I should check my writing shoe box. I've got a feeling there are a couple of better pictures (ideas) in there on this very subject.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT