Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday in the kitchen

I spent my Sunday in the kitchen. Not the entire day but pretty much from noon on. I had ordered more cookies tins and they had arrived by the time I got home from the gym on Saturday. I knew the boys were coming for dinner Sunday so I thought cookies would be a good dessert - so I started baking about noon that day. I ended up with four different varieties...yes, about 10 dozen or so. Thankfully, they took some with them and I really should pack some up to ship out but I'm too tired right now.

After the baking and getting the kitchen straight again I went ahead and prepped everything for dinner. I was trying to re-create a hot crab dip we had on the coast so there was some tasting involved...along with picking through the crab meat for shell. It ended up coming out very good. I was able to prep most of the menu before the boys came over but then I became Sonny's sous chef. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy doing that and I think I would be a very good one in a real kitchen. It's just I was getting very tired from non-stop kitchen duty.

Having the boys over is always great and the meal was excellent. We started out with hot crab dip with thin-sliced toasted bagette, green salad, grilled asparagus with lemon and garlic, au gratin potatoes and dry rubbed grilled T-bone steaks. You could take your pick of cookie from sugar - cherry, white chocolate, macademia nut - chocolate chip - and cinque chocolate (I'm thinking of using the italian for five instead of cinco, we'll see).

But now I'm tired and I have lot's going on at work. But then, that's a good thing, right?

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT