Friday, June 5, 2009

Oh yeah, wait

I'm honestly not sure what I want to mention today. I have a couple of ideas but am dwelling too long on how I would like to present them or write them up. I'm thinking too long. It holds me back. I'm not going to be able to figure out all the angles, all the different perspectives by thinking about it. The problem with that is the waste in time and the moment to accomplish it. There is one way it will turn out and after all the analysis it might not even be one of the ways I've thought of. So then, it leaves me with these thoughts but nothing done about them. It leaves me with another excuse to think and wait and analyze all over again with nothing done.

I found a note I had written right when I started this blog. It's a couple of variations on the banner line that appears above...
  • My thoughts as I struggle to get the correct words, in the correct order on a blank page.
  • My thoughts as I try to figure out what the correct words are and whether or not they belong on a blank page.
  • My thoughts when I sometimes over think the words put on a blank page and then replace them.

It was an interesting progression. At least I know I'm doing it. Consistently, constantly, relentlessly. I guess I'm not going to accomplish a whole lot today. It sure doesn't feel like it right now.

Guess I'll just grab some coffee and read instead. Oh yeah, wait. It's Friday...I still have to go in to work.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT