Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lost shots

I miss having a camera.  I have to admit it.  I seemed perfectly fine not having one for years upon years but now that I've had one and now that it's gone I miss it.  I missed it last Sunday when I was buzzing around the kitchen.  It seems some of my cooking posts are a few of the most fun to put together and they don't cut it without actual photos of the stuff I am attempting to make.  I missed it last Saturday when out at the Runners haven doing a long run and wanted to snatch some shots of the great scenery I get to pass and enjoy while pounding 12 miles on a two lane road in the country.  I could have made a good showing with some of those pictures.  All the beauty is right there in front of me and all I would have to do is point and shoot.  Well, yes, then I would need to come back, review, crop, fix but that would make a great post, wouldn't it?  Wouldn't you like to see some of the things I pass on those early morning Saturday runs?  I wouldn't mind seeing a few shots of those myself and I've seen them without looking through a camera lens.
My biggest problem is how to replace my camera?  I've looked at a few cameras, albeit hurriedly, and am not sure what to go with.  I am not a photographer but seem to have a fairly good eye for composing some good shots (in my mind at least - that's what counts doesn't it?  - No?).   There are many choices and different specs and prices.  I start to look and then can't figure out which is better or worse so I stop.  Then I want to go back and look again because I miss having a camera.  I miss the camera I had!  It was already here and I could grab it whenever and bring it up and shoot.  I didn't have to think about how many megapixels or Xs or Gs it had.  I never even read the entire manual for all the things it could do because it was easy enough for me to just pull it out in the midst of cooking apparatus and capture what I had on my cutting board.  But wishing won't make it come back.  
It is time to get a new one - whichever, whatever one it might be.  I have a little more looking to do but I know in the end I'll just give up and buy something...something or other. 
Something sure seems better right now than nothing at all.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT