Friday, October 22, 2010

Truckin'

500 miles is one serious road trip. And to think, you did it on one set of tires.
Keep on truckin’.

This was the notification I received the last time I ran and sync'd my sensor to my Nikeplus.com site.  It's 500 miles since I started using the sensor and is the combined total of all my runs.  I ran last this past Sunday and it was for 11 miles.  It was a tough 11 this time for some reason.  It didn't seem too tough at the time but somehow afterward I was not feeling quite the same.  It wasn't anything extreme or anything I could point out specifically but I knew something was off.  I had a normal rest day after the weekend on Monday but then I took Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off.  I couldn't seem to get myself motivated to get out the door this week.
I have no excuses.  The weather has been fine.  I have no aches or pains.  I just had one of those weeks when I wasn't feeling it.  I have tried and managed to enjoy almost every run I have had since getting back to it after my foot injury.  I am not trying for any speed records or even any personal best records.  I am just looking to go outdoors and enjoy my runs.  I have been doing that lately and it is a big reason I am glad I found the Runners haven since it has turned into such a great place for me to do exactly that.  Then for some reason this week I just stopped running.
Maybe it was just time for a break.  Maybe hitting 500 miles was a little daunting for me to put a number to.  Maybe also hitting a goal of 50 miles in two weeks added to it.  Maybe, somehow, I knew I needed to drop back a little bit and stop pushing myself.  It didn't seem like I was pushing but then I don't ever seem to see it that way when it comes to dealing with myself.
500 miles is one serious road trip.  The site sends these kinds of messages to help motivate and remind you of how well you are doing. 
Maybe I just took it too seriously.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT