Thursday, October 14, 2010

Five?

I got another five miler in today even after taking a nose dive and planting myself in the gravel trail yesterday.  I'm really fine.  I noticed two nickel sized bruises on the heel of the palms of my hands and my left knee is a little sore but it didn't bother me a twinge this afternoon while I ran another fiver.
I have to say it was the oddest thing when I fell yesterday.  What makes it extremely odd  is that I don't remember falling at all.  There was absolutely no sensation of going into that downward motion.  I was running and then I was on the ground.  It was like they took the film frame of me running and spliced it to the frame when I was on the ground.  There was nothing inbetween.  Up-down.  How did I get there and then since I was there I was thinking I hurt myself and I was getting emotional.  Weird.
Yes, that would be me.  I know.
Of course, as I hobbled myself home yesterday I realized I wasn't really that hurt.  I was a little scraped up and shaken but, well but...it didn't stop me from running.  I just needed to pay attention and keep myself from going to ga-ga land or wherever it was I had gone.  Wherever it was that I can't remember falling!  But I know I remember thinking the incline was beating my butt and I was turning into that trail section.  I've done it so many times before.  I know this route.  Then I was on the ground.  Ah well, so, well so.
No harm done.  I still got the five miles done and another five today.
I can wear slacks to work to hide the signs of my bruised ego.  I was thinking back to the last time I had skinned knees and I think I was maybe five.  Maybe that's it - the number five.
5 miles today, 5 miles yesterday, skinned knees at age 5, I will be 55 and have skinned knees again. 
Oh goodness.  Let me see, falling, loss of memory, going off to ga-ga land.  I am already starting to revert back to my childhood.
Just wonderful. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT