Thursday, October 28, 2010

Inspiration or lack of

I have to remind myself of what I read in a book about inspiration.  Since I seem to have been lacking in that department lately and since I have been reevaluation what I am doing here with this tool of a blog it seemed appropriate. 
I might need to get myself re-organized along with this reevaluation thing I have going 'round in my mind.  Maybe not.  That organizing thing might only be my comfort zone when I am not exactly sure what else to do.  At least it always seems my way to start straightening things up, going through the stack and starting to discard all the things that don't seem to measure up or to have lost the value I might have thought they once had.  Or to just get rid of the things that I have used and are now worn and need to be replaced.
But how do you do that with the intangibles?  How do you do that with things that you can't quite grasp in your hand but are the things that dreams are made even if the dreams don't go to spectacular visions of grandeur but are simply a push yourself beyond what you think you can do challenge?
Maybe that's the hardest part.  If I am the only one pushing and I am the only one dreaming about it, then why?  It won't make a stick of difference to anyone else and after all the pushing and trying will it really make a difference to me?
It might.  Maybe.
And times when I feel my inspiration lacking I have to remind myself of what I read in a book.  When playwright Oscar Wilde was asked the difference between a professional writer and an amateur he answered, the difference is that an amateur writes when he feels like it; a professional writes regardless.
Good answer for a professional.  I still need to figure out where I fit.
Are those the only choices?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT