Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Use of time

Most of my time last evening was taken by my going over my book (hardcopied) and I was pencil marking quick thoughts on the page margins as I brought myself up-to-date on what I had already revealed in my story.  I was reading it back to see what  I needed to move it forward.  I needed to know what information I still needed to present to get the story idea across.  I worked on it quietly for a good while and although I'm not finished with my informational backlogging I can see where I need to keep writing until more story is added.
I found myself reading a piece and thinking to write a note and then realizing it was the same note I had made myself when I checked my original broad plot sketch.  At least I'm on the same track I was at the beginning, however long ago that seems to be.
So work is continuing even though I seem to be moving at a snails pace.  But everything takes time and I'm sure momentum will pick up.  I am happy to be spending time working on it anyway.  I guess that counts for something.
Oh, I said most of my time last evening...well, maybe some, part, a portion.  I also baked some banana-walnut and blueberry bread.  I'm bringing them in to work today to share.  I'm sure I could have forgone the extra baking after bringing in cookies on Monday but somehow I had the ingredients and the time and energy.  Besides it's always great to see the reactions from people you are with most of the day.  So starting the day with some positive energy never hurt the creative process, right?  I can't help if I don't use the most conventional ways to get that going...but... 
'Gotta see the smiles.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT