Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fitting gratitude

And then I went out to run. 

I don't know if there is anything else to say.  It was that easy.  It was that natural.  I wasn't trying to go a distance or find a speed.  I wasn't trying to add to my stats or clock a lot of miles.  I only knew it was a wonderful morning and I thought I would give it a little go.  I was just appreciating being able to do something I had to put aside for so long and that I wanted to get back to but didn't know when I might be able to.  I wasn't even sure if I could get back to it.  I could have been sidelined for another indefinite time frame.  I didn't know.
But this morning proved to be the most relaxed, pleasurable run I have had in a very, very long time.  No rules, no guidelines, no watch out for this or that.  I was mindful of what might go wrong but it wasn't a focus because it didn't present itself.  So I went with it and I found myself appreciating being able to do it again.  I found I remembered the good parts and ability I have.  My muscles didn't forget and didn't whine and complain but recognized a form and a groove that could have been easily forgotten.  I had expected to have forgotten it.
All of this helped me appreciate being able to do it again.  I wish I had taken my camera to capture the sun.  I kept thinking how great it was for making all these promises to me of the day ahead.  I kept thinking how the cool breeze, sparkling with the lightest dew, felt so pleasurable on my skin. I kept thinking how wonderful it was to stretch my muscles and feel their quiet workings as I reached the top of an incline. Then those same muscles would reward me by loosening up in the next easy downward slope.
So, I don't know if there is anything else to say.  You might have thought you had missed something the way this post started.  But you didn't.  It was me missing something and then finally, this beautiful morning, after not being able to...

I went out to run.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT