Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hem to jeans

I took a small portion of my time today to fix the hem on two of my new pairs of jeans.  It turns out to be an entire week of jean days next week at work and I needed to adjust these new pant lengths anyway.  I had picked them out during the labor day weekend sales.  They fit just fine and I got them at a great price but even with heels I need to take some off the bottoms.  I always have.  I am all of five-three even if the last doctor's appointment tried to tell my I was five-two and three quarters.  I told them they absolutely could not take away that quarter inch from me no matter what!  I can't be sure what they wrote on their chart.

I laid both pairs out after trying them on and getting the right length.  I just did a small turn up on the bottoms after trying them on.
Next step was to cut away the excess material.
I turned out the material to the wrong side and pinned it before giving it a stitch with the machine.

Voilá - Two new hemmed pair of jeans!
No tailoring costs and not much time.

I wish I knew they had put down 5'3" on my chart at that doctors office.  I don't need to be any shorter than I already am.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT