Friday, September 3, 2010

One then three

It seems I have forgotten that we have a long weekend coming up.  I've been so busy at work I have found myself at the last day of the workweek with a few things to accomplished and a three day weekend after that.  I got caught up in the swirl of work and somehow sped through the week without realizing it.
That is kind of a cool thing to happen.  Yes, granted, I have a few things that I need to plow through before the end of day today but yes, then. Then what?  I have this free time which is great!  It's almost like an extra gift.  The weekend is always what I am looking toward and now that I've almost gotten here, I realize I get an extra day.  And I haven't even made a single plan so my time is whatever I decide to spend it on.
Not too shabby a situation to be in if I can keep my mind off running or baking. 
I really should do some shopping.  There must be some sales out there with new merchandise arriving in stores for fall and them wanting to make room.  They will normally start discounting the summer items that we can still wear around here and I should be able to make some good finds or just spend time looking.  I might have to give the retail rounds a good hard thought.  Or not think about it at all and just go.  It's not like I don't have the time to just browse, window shop, stop for coffee and watch the strangers go by.  That is always just the thing to spark some imagination.  I can always use those bits of real life nothings I see for story ideas.  Maybe that is what I should do.  A little quiet, solitary brainstorming session while I grab myself a cup of coffee in the outdoor sideway and watch peoples nuances.  I might come up with a hand gesture or something unexpected I can use for a character.
The weekend is looking better all the time.  Now I just need to get through the pile of work waiting for me at work today.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT