Monday, December 22, 2014

One present?

The weekend was an entire flurry or activity and still so much more to do. I think I can call gift shopping done. I can rethink it over and again for a month of Sundays but it will have to stay where it is at this point. Grocery shopping is almost complete. Those last minute items that just have to be fresh will be picked up in the next day or so. It is all coming together.

I need to get to wrapping gifts since I have only one wrapped that is alone under the tree at this point. Mr. L noticed. He pointed to it.
"What's that?"
"A present."
"For me?"
"No. It's for Papa."
"It's not mine?"
"No. Not that one."

There were no other gifts under the tree. He noticed. He looked up at me. He knows about this wrapped gift idea because he just unwrapped a bunch of them on this birthday a few days ago. I felt I needed to add..."That's the only one right now. I'll put more under the tree later."
He didn't respond. I guess it was thinking about it. I mean, he just turned three. He tried to misdirect me when he said, "I'm six."
"No, you're three."
"I'm three?"
"Yes, you're three."
"I'm three."
Only a few minutes later, he told me he was six again. It hasn't sunk in, I think. He'll get it. Along with the gifts I haven't wrapped for him and everyone else yet. It's all coming together. I think it's sinking in.
TT


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT