Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Toast to Birthdays and New Years!

It's the last day of the year 2014. It's almost time to sing the old Scottish ditty by Robert Burns, Auld Lang Syne, so we can think of good deeds and old friendships from 'old long since'. Tonight we will raise that cup of kindness to toast to our good health and remembrance of all that mightily, plentiful good that happened, and that we made happen, throughout the past year.

I don't have to think back or reminisce about all the good things that happened this year. It would almost be a chore to try and think up all the many good things that went on.  I'm perfectly happy being grateful for it all and not making a list. I have such good momentum going on, I don't need to turn and look back over my shoulder to see what happened in the past. There is too, too much to look forward to on that path in front of me.

Should I really be feeling this silly-giddy at my age? I turned the number 59 today and it seems like such a good number, I can't help but give a grin. It's been a good year and it feels like more is to come and staying grateful might be the way to make more come my way.

So raise that cup for the past year and look to the future with silly grins. You will be surprised how much better things turn out when the corners of your lips are turned upward. Well, it seems to work for this fifty-nine year old.

Happy New Year!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT