Monday, December 15, 2014

Baked all weekend

Along with two-day breadmaking weekend, I managed to squeeze in some time to bake cookies. Between the hours of waiting for dough to rise, mix, and then rise again, I was able to bake some of my oldest son's favorite cookies for his birthday, which was yesterday.

Chocolate Hazelnut biscotti was the first to be completed. Then it was Chocolate Chips with walnuts. He asked for some oatmeal (with raisins and walnuts), too. I whipped them all up and they were baked and ready for his birthday. I also put aside a batch of sugar cookie dough in the fridge. I had a feeling I might have a chance to use it and I had something in particular in mind.

On Saturday, I was asked to watch the Big Boy and Mr. L. Here was the opportunity I was expecting. I grabbed my cookie cutters, separated an egg yolk into four different containers and mixed four different food colors into it. I had small paintbrushes for the egg yolk paint and also some sugar sprinkles. I rolled out the dough and let the boys cut out shapes while I put them on cookie sheets. When each sheet was filled with cookies, I gave one sheet to each boy and let them decorate the cookies.

Here is the result...I don't think I've seen finer Sugar Cookies than these in a long time.

The best cookies I've seen in a long time!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT