Wednesday, December 10, 2014

After, not before

Looking at my calendar this morning, I quickly counted backward from December 25th. I had that song about the twelve days of Christmas going through my head and thought I should know when it starts. I had a shot of adrenalin pulse through my chest as I thought there was a possibility I missed it. I'm not sure what matter that would make, but it was only the briefest of spells. As I counted backwards I came up with December 13th and my small jolt was nothing to worry about. Ah, fine, today is only the 10th. But I couldn't leave it at that, now could I, since I had no idea what I was going to do with the information. So, I did some research to see if that day was accurate.

No. Nope. Not in the least. The twelve days of Christmas are not BEFORE Christmas, like some type of shopping days countdown. They are the twelve days AFTER Christmas to anticipate the time between the birth of Christ and Epiphany, or the day the Kings arrived. You know the Kings, the three kings, of Orient (they) are. I didn't know that. I bet a lot of people don't realize these twelve days are after and not before. I'm not sure anyone even gives it a thought. I wonder how many people still recognize that song. Either one...the Twelve Days or We Three Kings. Now, I have Christmas Carols running through my head.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT