Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Is this a recap?

If today flies by as quickly as yesterday I will be through this week before I blink.  I'm not sure if it was the work, the visitors, the work, but it was time to leave before I ate lunch and that was regular quitting time.  How did the afternoon roll around so quickly?  I'm not complaining, just amazed.
I will need to get myself out early tomorrow morning for a 3 miler before work.  I've skipped out yesterday and today.  It gets really rushed for me to cool down in the mornings but I have to fit more runs in somewhere.  I took myself out this past Saturday morning to a small section of Greenway and managed a longer run of somewhere between 7 and 8 miles.  It's funny how my magical gadgets didn't agree.  One said 7.48 and the other said 8.11 miles.  Either way, it was probably upping the miles too soon.  I went out in the neighborhood Sunday morning and stretched out another 4 miles.  I also decided to hold off on any official races again.  I had a four-race series in mind but if I know me, I don't need the added pressure of trying to stack up.  I can do the distances on my own for now.  Nobody has to know.
My other thoughts have been around the fact that I need to sketch out another short story.  This time I will try very hard to rein it in to the max of 7500 words that a short story is supposed to be.  The Crossed Wires story has been completed on the site since 6/18/13 and I don't know why but I have a total of 680 downloads now.  My feelings about the whole standings is not bad.  I wish my rating was higher but I'm average and the little story has hung in there even staying on the 20 top completed story downloads (#5 today) for a week.  So la-te-da.  Need to work on something new.
I just need to get to work on it all.  And I am looking forward to a day off on Friday!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT