Saturday, June 15, 2013

Break time

It's just after 9:00 a.m on Saturday and I haven't gone out for a run yet.  I just finished the completed draft of my last chapter to my story!  I finished up what I had going from last night and was able to write it all the way through.  I will still need to go back in a bit and do my 'cleaning up'.  I will need to put a little time in between rereading it and then doing some editing before I can say, well enough, that's it.  But, I've done the hard part and got it all down!  I'm glad I've gotten it all done and a run would be good about now since it will clear the cobwebs from my brain.
The chapters that I have posted to my Crossed Wires story at the finestories.com site has been going fairly well.  At least, for me, it seems to be doing alright.  I'm not competing with the other stories there but just looking at my own and I'm kinda happy about it.  I've managed over 450 total download with people obviously reading through all the chapters that are posted so far.  I'm guessing the readers aren't all getting bored or think it is so bad that they stop after a chapter or two but reading all that I have.  That must be a good sign.  I have also accumulated 30 votes and my rating has gone from an initial 2.69 at the start (20 vote minimum) to a 2.88 rating (out of 5).  I will take that type of steady increase in ratings as a good thing!  Like I've said, this is a simple, frivolous story...not anything to, to...(I don't want to say write home about) but home - I'm writing!
Now, it's time for a break, a run, a few leisurely minutes and then clean up the last of the story.  Feeling good!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT